The Trinidadian trumpeter Etienne Charles has found a strong niche in the mutual exchange between jazz and calypso... This album, energetic and playful, revels in buoyant rhythm and tight ensemble cohesion, often with guest vocalists in the mix.
- The NY Times
Trumpeter Etienne Charles delivers a Crescent City delight as he mixes Noel with New Orleans on this session. A peppy brass section delivers a calypso "Father Christmas" with Relator at vocals and cuatro, and some steel drums provided by Victor Provost or Andy Narell create a Caribbean ideal of Bethlehem on "Indian Parang Chick" and "Make a Friend For Christmas..." The angels are playing calypso on this one!
- Jazz Weekly
The album is impressive, conceptually and musically, not least because it draws on the local seasonal repertoire, delving back to the heyday of Lionel Belasco as well as including such international favourites as This Christmas and I’ll be Home for the Christmas.
- The Trinidad Guardian
- Father Christmas (feat. Relator)
- Chocolate (Spanish Dance)
- Go Tell It on the Mountain (feat. Mykal Kilgore)
- Make a Friend for Christmas (feat. Relator)
- This Christmas (feat. Mykal Kilgore)
- Roses of Caracas Waltz
- Santa Claus Is Coming to Town
- Tell Santa Claus (feat. David Rudder)
- Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy
- Indian Parang Chick
- I'll Be Home for Christmas
- Christmas Is Yours, Christmas Is Mine (feat. Relator)